Working Mom in Search of Alternate Reality

Saturday, March 26, 2005

The Day Before Easter

As I've said, I work in a shoe store. Well, in addition to new dresses and dressy clothes, people always buy new shoes for Easter. They also always wait til the last minute to buy them. It wasn't too bad. The last two days have been really busy, but we had a lot of help at the store. It was actually a lot of fun since we all got to work together for a while. Fortunately, we all get along well.

The homefront isn't so great though. Yesterday, Christopher gave the girls chores to do. They had to have them done before I got home from work. If they didn't, then they couldn't dye Easter eggs. Well, We didn't dye Easter eggs... So today, there was another list of things for them to do in order to get to dye eggs. They had from 8am when they woke up til after 6pm when I got home,.. They not only DIDN'T do it, but they left the house to go out to play. I was so pissed when I got home that I got their new dresses and shoes and threatened to take them back. I was planning to take them, but Faelyn started crying. So I gave them a second,.. third,.. fourth? chance to do their chores. Then I took Zoe to the park to walk the trail before dark...

We had a good walk. I jogged a good bit of it now and then. I don't think it really burns all that many calories, but it should build muscle anyway. So afterwards, I went home. Thechores I had given them to do were mostly done. I ended up letting them keep their clothes and shoes. I made dinner (chili with cubed chicken breast, tortilla chips, salsa and fat free sourcream and salad). Then they finally got to dye eggs. Of course, with 4 of them, they each only got 3 eggs, which Faelyn swears she didn't hear.. so she was upset she didn't make her eggs as nice as they should have been... oh well.

Christopher looked really good tonight before he went to work. I don't know why I can never get a compliment to him out without it sounding bad somehow. I told him I liked the styling stuff in his hair better than his old stuff and he got upset. Men are worse than women.

So, tomorrow is Easter. My sister Connie is hosting it this year since she's got a bigger place and Mom's not feeling well. I hate Cancer,.. there is absolutely nothing good about it,... it is like the manifestation of pure evil.

Anyway, it's supposed to start thunderstorms tonight then rain and storm all day tomorrow. That really sucks too cause today was GORGEOUS. Spring really hits all of a sudden here. One week it was 20 degrees and snowing and the next, it's 76 degres and birds singing and people in shorts and flipflops. I just hope things go well tomorrow. We have to drive 45 miles and back on a temporary tire because I couldn't get it changed today. I guess I'll have to get it changed Monday morning early before I go to Morristown.

*sighs* It's been a long day. Now I'm gonna go eat more chips and salsa and watch my movie,.. finally.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger Ergeheilalt said…

    Poor C. I take my styling gel VERY seriously too. You should be more considerate of his hair goop choices.

    Hope your Easter was loads of fun.
    J

     

Post a Comment

<< Home