Working Mom in Search of Alternate Reality

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Kickstarting my weightloss

Ok, I've been overweight most of my life... and frankly I'm really tired of it. This time last year, I weighed approx 240 lbs. On july 4th of 2004 I started a vigorous exercise and weightloss program using Slimfast.com and walking the local walking track and also the Gazelle machine. I have lost 30 lbs and am at 210 now. I have been at 210 for about 4 months now actually. So today I am resetting my weight chart at slimfast.com and I am starting my new weightloss and exercise program.

I will walk at least 3 days a week for at least 40 minutes. If I can't get to the trail due to time or weather, I will walk on the gazelle OR do a 30 minute Taebo workout on DVD. In addition to this cardio workout, I will also do strength training: 3 days of upper body workouts and 3 days of lower body workouts, alternating. I am starting slow so I don't strain anything. I use 3lb weights for now and do 2 sets of 10 reps of each exercise.

I am eating only healthy foods and am not eating more than 1800 calories a day for the first 2 weeks. if the results aren't like I want, then I'll lower it to 1500 a day.

See www.planewalking.blogspot.com to see my husband's comments and photos of the last couple of days. (no need to repeat it all heh)

Wish me luck on my weightloss and I'll keep you posted on it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home