Working Mom in Search of Alternate Reality

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Owwww...

Ok, I haven't worked out in a loooong time. I've had 2 days of upper body workouts with dumbells and 1 day of lower body workout. I can barely move.... I used to just do crunches, and my abs would be a little sore.. now I can't even stretch with a yawn without yelping in pain,... My abs are SO SORE! But that's not all,.. my triceps feel like they were ripped off and reattached. My back is achier than normal, and it's from muscle fatigue rather than the bone pain I normally feel. (3 vert. broken in 1989 car accident- not noticed by Dr. til too late to fix)

I didn't think the lower body one would be any big deal since my legs have always been pretty strong,.. but OMG.. I can barely walk now.

So I know this strength training regimin is good for my target areas,.. now I've got to get back to the cardio. I don't go to work til 12 noon tomorrow, so I'll go to the park and walk the trail. They lengthened it, so I think I'm going to walk an extra 1/2 mile to mile and then come back to the car. (I usually walk 1 mile then return to the car for 2 miles total).
The walking trail is so great. It's clearly marked each 1/4 mile from the starting point. has flashing light crosswalks at each street, and it's being lengthened to 4 linear miles (8 total if you walk back to beginning) complete with an overpass walkway over the 4 lane busier street.

As far as calories go,.. I had about 2000 the first day, then 1800 yesterday, but I totally blew it today.
Had WAY too much chocolate at work. And Peggy refilled the candy basket!!!! ARGH. What pisses me off is that she said she's starting her diet and has to lose 25 lbs by July when she goes on vacation,.. while she's filling the candy basket. I don't think she wants to lose the weight so much as she wants us to gain more than her! I had a hamburger with no mayo and fries for lunch, so not really healthy,.. Tonight we had a good dinner, pork, veggies, no starches,.. but then i had the leftover choc pudding from last night and then I ate the Fast Break candybar Peggy had given me (grrrr).

I've got to count calories and keep it at or under 1800 a day,.. that is a LOT harder than it sounds. And I'm so sick of bottled water... Gotta keep my mind set on my goal. I WILL BE 170 lbs by August!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Ergeheilalt said…

    I'm craving bottled water. My favorite is Dasani, the blue bottled stuff from Pepsi Cola.

    Mmmmmm, Dasani...
    J

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    I prefer Evian. Daniel got me hooked on it in England.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home