Working Mom in Search of Alternate Reality

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

More than I ever wanted to know about feet.

Today was the first class for those 4 of us at the shoe store who are ready to train to be salespeople, or are already salespeople to watch the new Salesmanship Training video. The basis of the course is the more we know about the foot and its problems, the better we can find a shoe that will make the customer's feet feel good and therefore buy the shoes. There's a lot of anatomy in the course. A lot of it is stuff I'll never remember, but it's always good to learn something new. They did show a good sales trick that kind of made me go "oooh that's sneaky". I told Christopher about it and he thought it was great and said it was definitely a wonderful course then LOL.

I have some other news related to my job too. I finally officially got my promotion to Assistant Manager and a nice raise to go with it. I've been doing the job forever without the title, because he wanted to make sure the ladies who have been there for 20 years could deal with it. So now, over a year later, I get the title. I actually ought to also have a title pertaining to the online store. Though it's possible that he means the title does cover both areas. I'm not sure.

Not only do I continue the position at the store, but I also am now officially in charge of getting the guy who works online as well to actually sign into AIM and let me know when he's working on it (we have minimum mandatory scheduled hours now in addition to the hours we work whenever we have time to just do it.) He's supposed to have been AIMing the boss when he is working online, but hasn't so far. So I have to deal with that. In addition, we have a girl who is really good and we want to get her working online too. She wasn't getting enough hours, so she got a weekend job working at a bar waitressing. She hated the job there and the boss wasn't happy she got another job, so I told her I'd train her to do the online stuff as soon as tomorrow so she could work as many hours as she could find time to do it. She agreed and quit the bar job :) So tomorrow, I have to train her to do Excel spreadsheet editing for new products which will be uploaded onto the site, how to edit the raw products once the file is uploaded, how to get images and edit them to the correct sizes, group like products together, add each product to all the categories it belongs in...etc etc etc... I know boring. The problem is... it all came naturally to me. The boss showed me how to do the basics once over the phone while he and I were both signed into the website at the same time. I have not however, been able to find someone who took to it as easily. Nick, the college guy has been really good about doing stuff, but none of the countless others that I've trained ever got it. They'd look at me like HUH? ..I really hate getting the deer-in-the-headlights-look ... One or two would get it and then NEVER do the job. Weeks later, I'd end up giving the work to someone else,.. eventually doing it myself when it was basically too late to even matter. So now I get to train the new girl, Candice on it tomorrow. She's very bright and has caught onto just about everything at the store. She's a junior in college, education major. Whew,.. I have plenty of work I can give her to do for the rest of this week. She can't get more than 40 hours a week anyway. Next Monday when I'm at the office, I will have to get the fall stuff ready to go into Excel files to be edited then uploaded. Plenty to do,...

Are you still awake? I know how boring it is to read about. So I like my job

Earlier today, we got new car insurance on the 2 vehicles then had to go to Johnson City to show it to the police. They had pulled Christopher over for having a headlight out when he was on his way to pick me up when I got back from England in March. After showing compliance, we went out for lunch and then to the mall. Christopher got his hair cut at the mall at Regis. Here’s the latest pic of my hubby. They really don't do him justice. It looks awesome :)






That's it for my ultra boring life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home